Tuesday 29 April 2014

Cafe Adventures; Foxtrot Parlour


I absolutely adore brunch. Call me a ‘white girl’ as much as you like but there are few things that are better than enjoying a delicious stack of pancakes or poached egg on bruschetta toast with a coffee after an hour of Pilates or yoga in a cute little café. 
So there was obviously no other way to celebrate my 17th Birthday then visiting Foxtrot Parlour in Ponsonby, which I have heard people rave about on various Auckland food blogs. Happy to say that all the stories were true, it was a great little spot, with a large pay parking right beside it and large seating space. 
The large industrial styled building that is shared with Ceres organic supermarket is a perfect mix of quirky and cute with miss-matched cutlery, car number plates for table numbers and a group of happy and helpful staff and waiters.

Since it was a special occasion I indulged in peanut pancakes with Kapiti Vanilla ice-cream, peanut butter cream and candy floss with a Vanilla thick shake, and I was glad that I did. I wasn't expecting to be so full after just one pancake but I could barely manage the last delicious bite of buttery nutty pancake!


A green smoothie, berry herbal tea with a date scone was much enjoyed by my mother, while my sister opted for a mushroom, tomato and rocket salad on toast.

The food was amazing and no complaints although it was quite expensive to dine there so maybe a better place to enjoy their delicious looking cabinet selections and a coffee next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment